When you are celebrating Thanksgiving, be sure to express gratitude to God for these blessings:
- If you’ve heard of Jesus, you’ve had more access to the gospel than 3 billion people in the world.
- If you have the entire Bible in your language, your language is one of only 600 out of 7000 languages with a complete translation.
- If you worshiped this past Sunday without a threat to your life, you’ve had more privilege than many believers around the world.
- If you have sufficient food today, you’re better off than 800 million people around the globe who are chronically undernourished.
- If your children have clean water, good sanitation, and proper hygiene, they’re uniquely blessed (in fact, World Vision estimates that 1000 children under five die every day from contaminated water, poor sanitation, and improper hygiene).
- If your children have a roof over their heads, they’re better off than at least 100 million street children in the world.
- If you’re a Christian, you’re redeemed, held in the hands of God. No matter what you’re facing today, you have reason to be grateful.