QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION
- Why do you think John “brackets” the prologue of Revelation (1:4-8) with identifying God this way (what is John’s purpose in beginning the document this way)?
- How does one’s understanding of God impact one’s spirituality?
- How is God described (including phrases and titles) in Revelation and what is the significance of those descriptions?
- What significance does God being always in the past, being constantly in the present, and coming in the future have for you?
- What is the difference between being “in control” and “in charge”?
- Why is it important that the text of Revelation ties the reader back to Exodus and the God of Exodus?